2016-11-01

Going to an auction..

There's an auction twice a year in a village nearby. All profits go to a good cause, so it's a matter of looking for one or two things between all the goodies that mostly would have ended on the skip, if it wasn't for the opportunity to donate it to charity. I did find a few items which I thought at least would be usable and became part of the bidding wars. Well, no, as a matter of fact it was more a case of helping out the auctioneer begging for a raised hand among the chatting and laughing crowd. I bought an antique little mantelpiece clock for 3 Euro's, some coloured sand...

However there were 3 items that were marked in my 1 euro stenciled catalog. They made me spend money...
 Yes the first 10 Euro's went to a saw, needs sharpening, but one with the quality of days gone by.

The second 10 Euro went to a tenon saw, and it's of an excellent quality, same brand and just needs sharpening.
 And well, at the bottom of my wallet a found some more to spend, 14 euro's this hand drill went for, it came with a few really good, sharp and well cleaned bits, of which one is adjustable. No, it's not metric but who cares.....

No comments:

Post a Comment