2015-06-26

Rebuilding a cheap table saw part #4

It didn't even take 2 Euro's to get 20 new M6x30 bolts. All parts were ready to be assembled and all went well until we came to the nuts underneath the lifting/tilting bracket. It took a few hours, all kinds of tools, tape, and a few #**%+$$'s if you know what I mean, but finally I managed to get it all sorted out, I thought.

I didn't know at the time why there were nuts on one side of the connection bolts for the tilting/lifting bracket. After I put it on all became clear.

The last hole I had to drill was the one that lines up the saw blade... I didn't do it exactly right as I would find out later. 

It wouldn't be until I fitted everything in, that I realized I didn't router out enough for the adjusting clip (above on the picture) it should be able to move a bit (a millimeter) to the right.... 


Photo taken from the other side. As you can see, there's room in the clip to move a bit back.... if I only had routed out a few millimeter more... 

The result of that missing millimeter... 

Getting the blade 90 degrees vertical wasn't that much work. There's a special bolt in the tilting bracket that is adjustable. 

Instead of 68 millimeter, the height of the blade is now 63, the loss for making a better top. I certainly can live with that.

Question now is; do I take the whole thing apart again to router out that 1 millimeter, or am I just going to try it with a chisel....(at place that's hard to reach). I will sleep om it....

No comments:

Post a Comment